1. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
2. Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient.
3. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period.
4. Introductory pricing or discounts, if available, will only apply for the initial introductory period of the subscription.
5. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
• Drug interaction checker: prevent harmful interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs at a time
• Pill identifier: drug guide organized by shape, color, imprint code, etc.
• 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools
• Formularies: drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans, by state
• Customizable home screen with drag-and-drop simplicity
Additional features in Epocrates Plus, now just $16.99/month!
• Alternative medicine monographs: dosage, interactions, etc.
• Peer-reviewed disease content from the BMJ
• Labs, ICD-10 codes, and more medical content
Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient. Rated the #1 medical app 10 years in a row by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.”
Psychiatrist Social Work
I use this app when PT may not know the medications my consulting Psychiatrist prescribed. Additionally, to advise them to call the prescriber if they have questions or c/o side effects. Furthermore they may have not told the Psychiatrist all the medications they are taking and your app notes “possible interaction”-again I ask them to call or I sent him an email. Personally, after a rear end collision while I was at a dead stop-the Neurologist I consulted for post concussion syndrome prescribed me a meditation and I told him it interacted with another meditation I was on. He argued with me until I had him look it up and I used your app to confirm my guess. He decided not to prescribe it.
Got to have
This app is a great tool to have. I ended up buying a subscription during my first few months of 3rd year medical school and I use it every day. It has great info and is pretty easy to use and find what you are looking for. I agree with the previous reviews for opening up the app loads notifications before selecting the home icon is kinda annoying but it’s not a huge deal for me. I can’t speak highly enough about this app and I see doctors who have been practicing using this app to look up some things too.
Loads of free info
As a pharmacist, I use the free info all the time. I even recommend some parts to non-clinical friends. The dosing recommendations, interactions, adverse reactions, pill identification, pregnancy and lactation ratings, pharmacology are all very helpful and easy to access. Only thing I would change is the notifications that pop up when it opens about different articles. I would rather go to that tab myself when I’m ready. I would be more likely to read the articles that way. As it is I just delete them to remove the pop up.