1. Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
2. • Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
Usps app and a suggestion for post office’s
Love the app. Very convenient and easy to use. My suggestion for the post offices involves the way that international shipping is done. I know it you have the option of doing the customs form online. But my suggestion involves the post offices. Instead of the clerk typing in the information from the form why not have a scanner hooked into the system. Instead of typing the form could be scanned into the system with all the information. Which would decrease time that other customers wait. Which may increase international shipping. I’ve seen scanners like this used at hospitals and they can can scan multiple papers at a time. Something like this may be worth looking into.
Great App, but USPS needs to make a change
The App is great, but USPS needs to make one change for the sake of connivence. It either needs to print a barcode on the receipt to track packages or it needs to allow he app to recognize the numbers for the tracking number in the App so you can scan it into the App to track packages. The USPS policy does not allow to “take pictures” within the Post office of the tracking barcode to add the info to your App for tracking. It is really frustrating to type out the LONG sequence of numbers into the App to track packages!!! I know, I know, first world problems, but still, make it easier for customers to use the App and maybe business will increase...
Very please knowing you can report you didn’t receive your mail in app
I have had this app for a month now every mail shown to me through USPS postal has been accurate ... recently I had to go talk to mail carrier about I didn’t get my mail on this app .... the person responded the app always not right ... I let the carrier know I have been getting my mail correctly that is showing on this app ....I had 7 mail coming and three were put in my mail box that was not mines ... the carrier drove back to my area and took my mail from another mail post ... USPS please continue to keep our mail safe ... thank you