1. Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork, which brings together everything a team needs: chat and threaded conversations, meetings & video conferencing, calling, content collaboration with the power of Microsoft 365 applications, and the ability to create and integrate apps and workflows that your business relies on.
2. You can now also use Microsoft Teams to manage your personal life - chat, make plans, share shopping lists, tasks and even your location, coordinate events with fellow club or family members and make decisions quickly.
You can now also use Microsoft Teams to manage your personal life - chat, make plans, share shopping lists, tasks and even your location, coordinate events with fellow club or family members and make decisions quickly. Teams provides a single hub to help you stay connected, get organized and bring balance to your entire life.
Easily move between your work and personal account to stay organized throughout the day. Whether you’re sprinting towards a deadline or helping your kids with their homework, Teams can help you achieve more.
Connect & Communicate
• Chat 1-1, use group messages or dedicated channels to communicate with the entire team**
• HD audio and video calls for scheduled face-to-face meetings from almost anywhere**
• Mention individual team members, or the whole team at once, to get your colleagues’ attention**
• To-do lists, calendars, and cloud storage access right in group chats
• Personal chats, documents, & files can be securely accessed
Organize Your Whole Life
• File sharing & editing on the go makes managing your work projects a breeze**
• Intelligent search finds documents, spreadsheets, & photos in chats and team conversations **
• Custom notifications give you control to stay focus on what matters most**
• Work calendar & personal calendar both in one app
• Group dashboards to view important items, shared locations, & upcoming tasks within a group chat
Safety & Security
• Enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Microsoft 365**
• Location sharing to let colleagues, friends and family know where you are*
• Storage in the Safe where you and your group can store, access, and share important data like passwords, frequent flier miles or your hotel reward number
*Must be enabled and active
**Commercial features of this app require a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription, or a trial subscription of Microsoft Teams for work. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at [email protected] EU Contract Summary: aka.ms/EUContractSummary
What I especially like about this app is the fact that similar to WhatsApp it allows for a conversation to take place without multiple emails going back-and-forth and having other emails come in, in between those emails. It keeps a better flow to the work that’s being performed and doesn’t simply clog up our email boxes. I’m also able to not only create different teams for different purposes but if I really want to I can create different categories with each team. I especially like creating the different teams and dealing with different members of my law firm through those different groups, again keeping organized those discussions back-and-forth. I highly recommend using this app it’s been terrific it has a desktop component as well as apps for the iPhone
Teams for construction
I work in the construction industry and we do not have many project management solutions that have been standardized across the industry. I initially tried using OneNote for managing projects and my team found it to be too lethargic. Later I added a new team member to the group and he immediately started using the teams app in our existing work group. It caught on like wildfire and within a week my entire team of 10 was using it. The ease of file sharing, instant communication, task assignment, wiki functions, and compatibility with other apps has made us all wonder how we got along without it. It solved many existing problems we had. Now we just need to convince the rest of the company to get on board.
All-In-One BEST TEAM APP
I’ve used it all - GroupMe, Slack, Trello, Google Drive etc. Teams is by far the most inclusive of everything you need. You and your team can chat, have different channels for topics, video call by one click, have all working documents in a “files” tab (so much better than having to search for minutes). Also - for teams niche needs, there is also the option to add third party apps (design apps/communication/sales you name it). It’s design is intuitive. Multiple groups can coexist in harmony by its easily navigable interface. Whether it’s a school group project, a side passion project, roommates chat, roller blading club or at work, teams supports it all. Would highly recommend!