What is REI Co op? The REI shopping app is a mobile application that allows users to browse, check in-store availability, and purchase outdoor gear and apparel. The app also provides access to membership card, sales notifications, and classes and events registration. Users can save their checkout details for quick and secure ordering and select the delivery method, including free same-day pickup on most items.
- Easy shopping: Search, filter, and buy outdoor gear and apparel from your phone. Shipping is always free to an REI store.
- Access to membership card: Check your dividend, look up your member number, and save it for easy retrieval. You can even add it to your Apple Wallet.
- Check store availability: Find the products you want at a nearby REI store. You can order online and pickup in-store for free.
- Scan products in-store: Scan product barcodes to view product information and customer reviews.
- Sales notifications: Be the first to know about REI sales.
- Find classes and events: Register for classes, events, and outings near you. Many activities are free.
- Quick checkout: Save checkout details, including REI gift cards for payment, for easy purchases.
- Keep your device updated: Ensure the best REI shopping experience by keeping your device updated with the latest iOS version.
I love your app just the way it is!! Adding a bunch of extra technology like bugging people about their cart or closely monitoring people currently on the website, bugging them to request help, etc. is a bad idea. If you ever think about doing these things, PLEASE ONLY CONSIDER MAKING THEM OPTIONAL and allowing people to opt out of any new things that might be irritating or objectionable. As an older person, I very much appreciate the way I can simply zip in or out of the app and nothing has changed. No emptied shopping cart, no changes to the Saved For Later part (except standard alerts about Out of Stock or Re-Stocked items or other inventory-related messages). I love being able to “drop the ball” and “pick it back up later,” because then I can feel comfortable about doing things late at night in bed, if I fall asleep, no problem. Keep up the great work REI!!
The new updated app is amazing! The UI is much simpler, cleaner, and modern. The spinning compass doesn’t impede the middle of the screen anymore, and appears inside of clicked buttons. When the compass does appear in the middle of the screen, it makes sense that it is. The navigation bar at the bottom is helpful to get to different potions of the app much faster and follows Apple design. Many of Apple’s default apps as well as apps from major tech companies use this navigation procedure. Overall, this is a huge step forward compared to the previous app design. Huge kudos to the developers.
*Edit: Rei has fixed what I was unhappy about. As a through hiker I need specs on everything. Weight is a critical factor for everything I purchase when planning a PCT trek. Since I can’t access that information using the rei app, I’m getting that information from rei’s competition. I spend thousands on backpacking equipment every year and this will be the first year in a long time that rei isn’t getting a penny. Better get this fixed, REI! I’m done with my shopping for the next year and a simple glitch in your app might have cost you a customer for good.