1. Using the songs in your music collection, Capo guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to help you break them down to their individual parts.
2. Without an active subscription, Capo touch will not save your edits to the chords, beats, regions, markers, or sections in your Projects.
3. With an active subscription, Capo saves the loop regions you set, chord changes, and even the playback position into Projects.
4. Use Capo's structure song view to edit Capo's beat grid for songs with changing, or uncommon time signatures.
Whether you play for the world or yourself, all musicians need a good ear for harmony, melody, and rhythm. Using the songs in your music collection, Capo guesses the beats, chords, and key of songs to help you break them down to their individual parts. Capo’s unique technology helps you to learn your favorites quickly as you improve your ear along the way.
Capo is simple and yet so, so good, even the professionals use it:
“Capo is AMAZING!!! Very clutch. Especially when parts are kinda tough in the mix that I can’t make out easily. With other apps you lose quality, this still sounds correct.”
- Omar Edwards: Keyboardist/Music Director for Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Eminem, and more
“When I sat down and started using Capo for the first time, I was amazed at how big a punch this little app packs! It's intuitive, convenient, and high-quality.”
- Rebecca Lovell: Lead Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Piano for Larkin Poe
(Read more at capoapp.com/testimonials)
*** HEAR THE SONG ***
Slow down playback, scrub to hear specific notes, and easily create regions that loop as you learn to play the tricky parts. Use Capo’s tools to isolate specific instruments and even vocals to learn any part of a song. With a couple simple switches, you can focus on the piano or eliminate everything to practice the guitar solo and make transcription easier.
*** BREAK IT DOWN ***
Capo automatically detects chords, beats, and the key of songs to get you started. Change, add, or remove the detected chords easily with a few taps as you identify alternate chords and voicings. Use Capo's structure song view to edit Capo's beat grid for songs with changing, or uncommon time signatures.
*** PAUSE THE SESSION (PRO) ***
With an active subscription, Capo saves the loop regions you set, chord changes, and even the playback position into Projects. Learn songs at your own pace and revisit them on all your devices using iCloud.
*** SO MUCH MORE ***
* Transpose songs to different keys
* Rename regions to keep organized
* Beat detection estimates the tempo and helps snap regions
* Edit chords one at a time or globally
* Display chord diagrams for Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, Bass, and now Piano
* Rock on southpaws! Capo has a left-handed chord box option
* Five different metronome sounds
* Learn more about Capo touch Pro below!
**NOTE**: Capo works with music you own, but cannot access streaming tracks from Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
* If you don’t own a particular track, Capo makes it simple to buy a DRM-free copy on the iTunes Store
*** GO PRO ***
Without an active subscription, Capo touch will not save your edits to the chords, beats, regions, markers, or sections in your Projects.
For $19.99 per year, Capo touch Pro:
* Saves all your changes to Projects, which are synced across your devices
* Provides full access to upcoming features and improvements
* Helps support future development of the product
*** GO PLATINUM ***
For $49.99 per year, Capo Platinum gives you everything in Capo touch Pro *plus* the ability to unlock all the features in Capo for macOS.
All prices shown in this description are in USD. Exact prices may vary by region based on current exchange rates. Payment will be charged to your Apple ID Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off from Settings after purchase.
Best app for learning Jazz solos and Irish tunes from recordings.
As an amateur musician, I’ve found Capo to be the best App out there for learning Jazz solos and the intricate ornamentation of Irish tunes. It provides the cleanest “slow-down” of any of the apps that I’ve tried. The flexibility of its looping and other playback features makes it much easier to breakdown complicated riffs. It’s ability to sort out the key and chord changes is truly remarkable; while not infallible, this provides a great starting point for piecing together transcriptions for both chord and melody instruments. The interface is clean and very well thought out. This becomes even more obvious the longer you use Capo, since its many capabilities do require some patience to learn/uncover. I could go on and on. The developers are solid and seem committed to a quality product for the long term, as evidenced by the updates that have been deployed since Capo’s inception (check out their newsletter to get a sense of what their team is about). At $10 a YEAR, this app is way worth it! One suggestion. I’d love there to be an option to have the identified/edited chords automatically sound out, while the original recording rolls along in the background - rather than having to tap each and every chord symbol at the appropriate moments.
awesome audio technology
I’m a composer and love to ad lib compositions, knowing someday day i will have to slog thru the process of listening to chord progressions, analyzing, and writing them down. ugh! that 90% of Creativity can be a bit of a deterrent. This app is awesome at picking out subtle jazz chords. and, if its wrong, the corrections are ez. I believe it lacks a Lead Sheet option. If so, that would be great in future versions. Seems strange, all this advanced technology, and you still have to manually list the chords. Otherwise, the app has a lot options for adjustments to bars, speeds, keys, chord names, etc. that make composition and play along a piece of cake.
Really intuitive and convenient
The tools you want to apply only take 2-4 taps before you’ve achieved the desired effect. Also, within a few moments of downloading I was able to understand the majority of all the features just from exploring. I can’t imagine how seamless this must be if all of the bottoms are saved into muscle memory. Great job with the interface👍🏼