What is Slopes? Slopes is a ski and snowboarding tracking app that allows users to uncover detailed stats about their days on the mountain, ride with friends, log memories, and replay winter adventures together. The app supports live location sharing, resort maps and conditions, smart recording, detailed statistics, friendly competitions, and integration with Apple Watch. Slopes is privacy-focused and ad-free, with optional accounts and Sign-in with Apple.
- Live location sharing with friends on the mountain
- Live recording on interactive trail maps at selected resorts
- Access to standard trail maps and snow quality reports
- Smart recording that automatically detects lifts and runs
- Detailed statistics on speed, vertical, run times, distance, and more
- Friendly competitions with friends on 8 different stats
- Integration with Apple Watch for live heart-rate data and fitness insights
- Privacy-focused with optional accounts and Sign-in with Apple
- Ad-free and truly free core features
- Slopes Premium unlocks real-time stats for every run, full timeline of the day, fitness insights, and interactive 3D & AR.
- Annual or Family Pass available for purchase with auto-renewal option.
- GPS required for tracking, and continued use of GPS can decrease battery life.
Just took this for a full day of sending with some friends and I really like this app. The speed tracker is wicked and I was super hyped when i broke 50mph. The mapping is also amazing, you can see each of the runs you did and the lifts you used. I was also amazing at just how far and high we skied. You would think that the gps recording and speed tracking takes a toll on your battery. It turns out it didn’t really at all! The app uses the gps and speed stats from the Apple health trackers and it’s relatively energy efficient. I started at 89% and on low power mode, with a bit of snap chatting and phone calling my phone dropped to only 56%. All in all I highly recommend this app. It’s made by one rad guy who wants to improve our days, which he definitely has. Also, everything I talked about is completely freeeee! So download this app and enjoy your adventure on the mountain.
By Yorkshire exile
I have had this application for several years now and have reviewed it several times, all at five stars but the developer keeps dropping new versions so it’s only fair to give it another review. It has proven to be even more useful to me since I updated my old series one Apple Watch to a current one, it’s now it’s so easy to turn on and off running app from the watch. I do like the feature just introduced oh and also resume since I generally forget to turn on again after pausing. Another very valuable recent feature is the ability to compare two seasons. I ski several days a week so this is very handy. besides all the amazing features perhaps a key reason to get slope is if you’re a skier is that the developer will quickly respond to any questions or issues that you have. Try that with some big company
It’s hard to find fault with this app. I do have one request, which I’ll lead with. Some of us hike to certain runs or off piste spots. Here at aspen Highlands, the Bowl is a daily ritual. this app tracks the hike perfectly, but seems to think it is a lift for calorie tracking purposes. I can assure you it is not. Since this app knows where all the lifts are, it would seem a simple matter to track this uphill high altitude trail. I love how accurate this app is. It captures every run perfectly, even the intermittent rest stops. The distances and speeds are great. The map of my ski day is fun. It helps me remember how many days I do what in a year, which I love. The real test will be in Japan later in the season, where on and off piste skiing is on tap. It would be nice if it tracked hiking (and skinning) separately for what it is, rather than lumping it into the lazy uphill category. Great app!