1. Weather Underground combines data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model to give you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts, at a microclimate level.
2. • Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
3. • Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
4. • The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
5. • Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
6. Discover about current conditions, interactive Nexrad radar, get customizable severe weather alerts and much more.
7. • Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
8. • Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Severe weather alerts: set weather alerts for your exact position, so you can always be prepared for an upcoming storm!
• Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Other geographical data: discover our air quality index, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes, various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
• Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
• Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at [email protected]
It used to be the best of the best!
I work in construction and having an accurate and detailed weather app is an essential tool in getting work done. Weather underground has since gone to the wind after some of the most useful features, as well as basic features, have been omitted. 1. Your location can no longer be seen on the map. This makes it hard to see how long we have to work until it’s supposed to rain, which allows us to gauge when we need to pack up our materials and tools so they don’t get wet. 2. Since there are many different locations where we work, finding a local station and accessing the forecast for that location is now substantially more difficult. On the overview map there used to be a feature where you could tap on a station and there was a prompt to “go to weather station”, which made it easy to view the forecast for that area. This feature has since been removed, making it more difficult to view the location where we plan to travel to work to see if weather would effect our work day. In totality, weather underground used to be an amazing and useful tool, but has since been considered just another app that has diminished to subpar features compared to its previous version. Its very disappointing to see because it used to be the pinnacle of weather apps, and now it is reduced to being just another weather app.
I’d like to know what kind of team at the weather channel thought this app was ready to be pushed out to their many thousands of users. I am a paying customer, so when I open my favorite weather app and see giant ads plastered all over the app, I take pause and wonder why. I tried to restore my purchase from the settings page, and there is “nothing to restore”... I’ll give TWC the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just a coincidence and my annual subscription has run out. Well, I’m not about to pay again to find out because with the recent update I no longer feel that this app is something worth supporting. The developers have taken a product that was nearly perfect, I mean a *really* good weather app, and made it just so disappointing. The previous layout that showed temperature and a small map when you first opened the app was great! Why on earth separate them? And why doesn’t the map show my location anymore??? That was an awesome feature... very useful to see exactly where I am in relation to rain. TWC messes with perfection, making changes for the sake of nothing more than making changes. The changes were not necessary and I’m beginning my search for a better weather app right now. I had been a customer for many years, but this this poorly executed “upgrade” has me fired up enough to drop wunderground completely.
I REALLY dislike the latest UI redesign
I almost never write reviews, especially if I’m happy with something already. However, I’m quite displeased with the redesign of the UI in the most recent app release. I can no longer scan the hourly precipitation because 1.) you removed the hours from that part of the UI, 2.) you removed the precipitation percentage that correlated with each hour. Now instead you’ve implemented this stupid bar you’ve got to drag across the screen to see what percent of rain is happening at a particular hour. Problem with that is that the bar is quite thin and can take two or three attempts before you actually tap and hold on the right spot — super annoying. The other issue is that it now takes me longer to get this information than the scanning I used to have to do. Furthermore you’ve made the weather icons above the precipitation/temp bar larger so they are taking up more space than before. Although you did add a second weather icon for each day, I’m still on the fence about that. Also I really liked the feature where it would detail weather it was a good day for mountain biking, but that appears to be gone and I have yet to find it. Maybe I’ll find it, but probably not as I think I’m done using this app. Time to find one with a better more usable UI. Farewell and wish your team the best!