1. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
2. • Basic - unlimited digital access for $14.99 per month or $129.99 per year (save over 25%).
3. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions.
4. • All Access - unlimited digital access, plus access to the NYT Crossword, NYT Cooking, and one bonus digital subscription for $24.99 per month.
See the events shaping the world.
Morning and Evening Briefings
Begin and end your day informed.
Listen to audio series including “The Daily.”
Follow the topics that interest you most.
Read political, social and personal commentary.
Get alerts on the topics you choose.
Enjoy wordplay, every day.
Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting and multimedia storytelling with the New York Times app.
iPhone and iPad Features:
• News Alerts: Get notified of major developing stories and tailor alerts to topics of interest.
• Morning and Evening Briefings: Start and end your day with daily digests compiled by Times journalists.
• For You: Explore more of what you love, and discover new topics of interest.
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including “The Daily” and “Modern Love.”
• The Mini Crossword: Enjoy wordplay every day with the daily Mini Crossword.
• Today’s Paper: Find all the stories exactly as they are in the print edition.
• Experience NYT stories through innovative formats, like augmented reality.
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices.
• Multitasking: On an iPad? Get caught up on the day’s headlines while working in other apps.
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today’s headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
The New York Times app is free to download, and all users can access a sampling of articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to nytimes.com.
Digital Subscription Options:
• Basic - unlimited digital access for $14.99 per month or $129.99 per year (save over 25%). Cancel anytime.
• All Access - unlimited digital access, plus access to the NYT Crossword, NYT Cooking, and one bonus digital subscription for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
California Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
Starting version 9.32, this app will save and honor your privacy preferences across devices when logged in to a New York Times account.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at [email protected] or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $129.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
The ads aren't so bad, but the....
I've been a NYT subscriber for over 20 years and I love it! It always made my day seeing the NYT in my driveway, especially on Sunday. After moving to the country I had to start using the digital edition and it's really, really great. This last update and new app could use a few tweaks. I do enjoy the layout and it's esthetically very enjoyable. And the ads, no big deal! You have ads in all print newspapers and magazines that you pay for, so what's the issue? They're not interfering with the stories so I'm fine with it. What I do not like is the fact you can't add or move more of your favorite sections to the top column like before. You can only move like 5 or 6 now. Really wish you'd correct that please. But other than that I still really enjoy it and will continue to subscribe. Thank you!
A Huge Step Backwards No longer
It took the Times a while to fix all the problems with the new app, but now it is excellent. They have remedied all the issues I identified in my initial review. Thanks for listening. The app now mirrors the excellent layout used in the web page version. —- The Times thinks this is an improvement? They would be sadly mistaken. I subscribe to the Times to read journalism. The new app blows up photos so that less content appears on the main page. On the old app, I can scroll through the entire paper and pick out the most interesting articles by section, just as if I were reading the physical paper. Now just a fraction are on the main page and they are completely disorganized. Please don't phase out the old app. The new one reminds me of New Coke.
News for A Non-News Enthusiast
I’m not one for sitting down and reading the news. I’ve probably only picked up a newspaper maybe a good 15 times in my life, and I’ve always felt that watching TV news was always so biased depending on the channel you indulged in. The New York Times app (most particularly their podcasts) offers unbiased, factual accounts of the most relevant news you need to keep to date in. It’s like I get my own personal memo from them every morning of the world’s most relevant news. I can truly say that this app is for the millennial that wants to keep informed. Knowledge is power! So thanks, New York Times, for giving us power on a daily basis 👊🏻 So turn on those app notifications, and get your daily dose of power!