1. The American Red Cross Blood Donor App puts the power to save lives in the palm of your hand.
· Find local blood drives and donation centers quickly and easily
· Convenient, easy appointment scheduling and rescheduling
· Complete your RapidPass®
· Get notified when your blood is on its way to a patient
· View the results of your mini-physical
· Receive appointment reminders and special blood shortage alert messages
· Keep track of total blood donations
· Stay updated on special promotions
· Earn badges for special donation milestones
· Join or create a lifesaving team, recruit other blood donors and view rankings on the Blood Donor Teams Leaderboard
Donation Data to HealthKit
This is a beautifully designed app with simple controls, fluid responsiveness, and low-user memory load. The app makes scheduling appointments easy and fun, and is the only reason why I donate as often as I do. The only improvement I’d like to see is more access to our health statistics sent to Apple’s Health app. This would add accurate and enriching data to log my health over longer periods of time. I like to think of my blood donations as mini checkups to spot potential health issues down the road, so it’d be amazing to see that data actually logged into the Health app. This data (blood pressure, pulse, hemoglobin, etc) is already displayed minimally when flipping the digital donor card to the history side, but I’d like it to be recorded forever to give me more accurate health data and make my donations even more valuable to me as a donor. Thanks!
18 years ago just a few weeks after I had my last daughter, I began to hemorrhage really badly. When the ambulance arrived , and the EMT’s were assessing my situation, I remember hearing one of them say that I needed a blood transfusion right away. They said that I was in dire need of a blood transfusion to save my life. I praise God and will forever be thankful and grateful that someone chose to donate blood so that it was there when I was the one in need. Donating our Blood, Platelets and Plasma is a very important and honorable thing that each of us can do for others , as well as ourselves. We have no way of knowing that we may very well end up being the one that needs a blood transfusion at some point in our lives. So if we are physically and medically able, I truly believe that it is our duty to donate blood products that can and does help save peoples lives.
Donate Blood: Pay it Forward
I have been donating blood for awhile now. I love having the chance to be able to save someone’s life, and make a difference for other people. The process to donate whole blood is that not long a good 30minutes and that is it, next is Plasma for me. You feel great after, and the Red Cross does a great job making you feel at ease, no pressured into doing things you don’t want to do. The app is great, easy to manage. The only downfall to the app is when you have your appointment the day of, I wish you could be able to see the location of were it is at instead of taking screenshots, I’m not very good with directions. Lol, well worth it!!