1. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 14 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand.
2. GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go.
3. ** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
4. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs.
5. *** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
6. **** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch*
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions**
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists***
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud*****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
**** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
***** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
I’m not updated. Help me please.
I have an iPhone 6 and just got my battery replaced. Before my battery got replaced, I was able to use GarageBand with my phone barely being updated to 12.4.2. I’m about two updates behind everyone else in my family that has an iPhone and they’re able to use GarageBand. It’s really upsetting because after I got the battery replacement I was unable to open GarageBand. I then decided to delete the app and re-download it but it was not available in my App Store. I did some research and found that GarageBand is only available to iOS devises that are at or past a 13.0 update. Though I love the app, I really wish that it was available to iOS devices that aren’t up to date. I have been using GarageBand for about three years and have been making music for three years. Also mentioning, I have three years worth of music on that app and now I’m scared I’m going to have lost it. I have so many good ideas and this was my only available resource that I could use. I’m really missing out on using my creativity through music and really really want it to come back. Is there a possible way to get it to where anyone under the 13.0 update can download it?? Please!!
Better than fl studio mobile
I can't stop giving this app props because this is honestly the greatest music producing app so far... I'm actually in love with GarageBand the fact that there's so much to it actually makes me hype every time I get on the app. First timers will use the loops to create there songs that can tailor to there style. You can also add your own loops with the keyboard selection and synths. Millions of sounds that you can expand your arsenal with and it doesn't stop there. You can even download your own samples to expand your sound selection. Like I can record a note from my grand piano and turn it into its own song. This app will never die out as long as there is more and more sounds added to it. The only suggestion I'd add to GarageBand if I could. Would be to add more sound FX and chants. The essential to making genres of music is something that makes them memorable and the sounds that you can add will show it. I love this app and I hope it continues to grow because this potential already exceeds that of computer software. I can't wait for the community to grow more and more so that people won't have to spend 200 dollars on something when they can simply download a FREE app!!!
Essential for songwriters
I have been writing songs for over 20 years through a simple 4-track and using a drum machine. When I first heard about GarageBand, I thought it was a music-related computer game. I even got an iPad which already has GB downloaded on it from the factory and never even opened it for a year. Finally, I was bored one day and thought I’d take a look at it. WOW! I couldn’t believe how robust and professional it was! Here I’m tinkering with a 4-track and drum machine from the 80s all this time while I had a pro-quality music studio to write and produce sleek sounding demos just waiting for me to discover it! I’ve recorded some 400+ songs in GB that sound so good, some people actually think I recorded with an actual band! The drum sounds are impeccable along with fantastic bass, piano and string instruments. They even added brass horns! I just wish they included a saxophone with the horn selection. My favorite feature is the edit feature for each virtual instrument, especially when it comes to the drums. I’m able to move snare hits, kick hits, hi hat patterns, etc. to make them sound much more natural, like a real drummer would play. GarageBand is easy to use. You’ll be recording masterpieces in no time!