1. *The World's Leading Weather Provider: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019.
2. Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and discover the forecast for the next 3 hours straight from your homescreen.
3. Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps and accurate forecasts.
4. You can cancel The Weather Channel subscription anytime through your iTunes account settings, or it will automatically renew.
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps and accurate forecasts. You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plus, we’ve got a whole range of useful weather features for you to plan ahead with confidence.
The Weather Channel - Our Top 3 Features
1. Our smart widget offers more weather detail at a glance, and one-tap access to the world's most accurate forecast. Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and discover the forecast for the next 3 hours straight from your homescreen.
2. Plan your outings up to two weeks in advance: Plan ahead thanks to our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real-Time Rain alerts.
3. Current conditions at a glance: get weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecasts on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
Our app is Dark Mode compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Our Real-Time Rain notifications will help you plan for the day with confidence. Find the live radar directly on your home screen, so you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a summer walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies, pollen forecasts and much more.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay prepared during extreme weather events and earthquakes. We’ll send you live alerts, so you’ll always be aware.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Upgrade to Premium Pro for exclusive access to premium features:
• Premium Pro radar: The clearest way to visualize rain’s potential impact on your precise location, now with 24-hr future radar
• Ad Free: Remove all ads from your weather experience
• Extended Hourly: See 192 hours into the future, with 14 days of detailed forecast
• And more!
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at [email protected]
The Weather Company is the world’s most accurate forecaster, according to the most recent, comprehensive study available (2010-2017) from Forecast Watch https://www.forecastwatch.com/static/Three_Region_Accuracy_Overview_2010-2017.pdf
*The World's Leading Weather Provider: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019. Comscore Mobile Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information –Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2019 avg.
App Annie: The Weather Channel app combined had over 50 million monthly active users worldwide each month from January through December 2019, over 2M total 5 star ratings and was downloaded 155 million times.
New Update Nonsense
I don’t know why the weather channel felt the need to completely overhaul the layout and design of their app. The previous version, which I had used daily for the last handful of years, was by all accounts a perfect weather app. Generally speaking, the main reason to change the layout of an app is to make it more efficient for the user. Unfortunately, the final product of this new design has done the exact opposite. The “upgraded” version of this app is an absolute pain to navigate and offers almost no benefits for the user. The most striking change made to the app is undoubtedly the bright white background. It’s baffling that people still think the bright white screen is an upgrade. Several of my other most used apps over the years have gone with the white background and I have had to delete several of them as a result. Unfortunately, I will likely do the same for the weather channel app if they don’t change or at least offer an alternative to the white background. It is blinding to my precious eyes!
Weather variety multiple locations
I have had this app for awhile and use it to not only get local weather but weather for various locations for my son's work travel as surprisingly conditions vary greatly within a 50 mile area which one needs to know if commuting. I get road conditions and various alerts ( rain, snow, lighting, etc) per area. All helpful. Last year because of the reports I got, I saved my son an unnecessary trip because of the weather report. I enjoy the various videos also. I am editing review because of the problems I have been having with the app which appears to be all over where this app is used. I contacted support and only got a service standard reply which is basically sent by a computer. I am highly disappointed that I can’t get the app to work anymore because it was very helpful when it worked. I am not sure if the malfunction is due to the updates on IOS which also requires apps to also update. Whatever the reason, there should be a way to correct problem with app especially when it effects all means of use on phones, tablets and computers.
Less useful since update 2018
I used this app multiple times per day in the past but since the 2018 update, I have hardly used it at all. The data is accurate. It is hard to find the info you need. They now have boxes on the screen with different info. The screen is so chopped up you can’t see enough of any one thing to figure out what it is. The previous version was better when current details were on the first screen and you could scroll down to whatever section you need. There was enough info on the screen to understand and you had the option to tap an arrow to get more detailed info if you wish. Now I see 2 or 3 words, then a box with an ad, then 4 or 5 words and then another ad. Nothing is obvious that you can tap to get more details. I hate tapping all over the screen to figure out what gives more details since the first screen is useless and there is nothing to indicate how to get details. Please revise back similar to the previous functionality which was efficient and obvious how to operate the app! I haven’t ever written a review before when an app changed, but this one is so bad it deserves a comment. The only reason that it gets 2 stars is because the data is accurate if you are ever able to get to it.