1. The Oticon ON App provides discreet remote control of your hearing aids, letting you adjust the volume of your hearing aids independently, switch between listening programs, keep an eye on your battery level or even help you find your hearing aids if you lose them.
The Oticon ON App also enables you to:
• Use your device as a remote microphone and get better access to the voice of another speaker in noisy environments
• Access specific programs designed to help you move your attention away from your tinnitus - if enabled by your hearing care professional during the fitting session
• Handle wireless accessories paired with your hearing aids; control multiple TV Adapters, or devices such as Oticon EduMic or ConnectClip which can be used both for streaming and as remote microphones
• Fine-tune the sound when watching a movie or streaming audio using the streaming equalizer, for a personalized listening experience
• Set personal listening goals and follow your daily hearing aid use through HearingFitness™.
• Connect to a wide variety of Internet-connected solutions through the Internet of Things
The Oticon ON App is compatible with all Oticon Bluetooth hearing aids.
We recommend using the latest version of iOS.
To check the latest list of compatible devices, please visit:
Read this “pairing is a 2 step process instructions included
Ok i have followed and read a ton of reviews on this app. There is one thing that i have not seen spoken about. If you install this app and try to bluetooth connect to it directly than your in for a world of hurt! After ios 11 you HAVE TO “FIRST” GO TO SETTINGS/ACCESSIBILITY/HEARING AIDS ON YOUR PHONE AND CONNECT YOUR Hearing aids directly to the phone! This is an Apple IOS change. After you have done that that open the app and it than bluetooth connect to your hearing aids. It is a 2 step process. First accessibility CONNECT and than after connected there ,open the Oticon app and connect in the app. What I am reading is people are trying to connect directly with the app. YOU CANT! Ios 11 and above does NOT work this way. People connect your Hearing aids thru the accessibility FUNCTION BUILT DIRECTLY INTO IOS FIRST “it will not work unless you do that first” than open the app and connect them there. Yes it takes a bit for them to connect every time but after they do the app functions properly. I hope this helps someone out. BE SURE THAT YOUR CONNECTED THRU ACCESSIBILITY FIRST!!!!!!!!!
Lost text notification to hearing aids
I got my hearing aids on December 17th and loved the text notification coming directly to my hearing aids then two days later I put in my hearing get a text and it don’t get the notification. I find out my phone updated overnight and the notifications have been taken out with the update. That was something I really liked and now it’s gone I’m not happy.
The Version 2 app is a step in reverse
First off thanks for the improvements, second can we please get the logs back. Third the hearing health needs to be reworked so it give us actual information. If you can fix this it will truly help. One more thing not sure if it is the IOS13 or the app out at times the hearing aid volume goes nuts, it seems to be the app and the iPhone or watch are out of sync with each other and they are fighting for control of the volume. This does happen to the he programs too. This update has been a reversal instead of moving forward. You made the hearing health unusable. You have taken away all hearing aid information. No serial numbers and no firmware version information. There isn’t any changes to the watch app except it is on a few watch faces but even that doesn’t give me the capacity to use the watch face I prefer. If I didn’t hear so much better with the Oticon aids I would be looking else where for aids. I think Oticon needs to fire their app developers and get some with forward design thinking and an understanding of the needs of hearing aid wearers