1. Explore your family stories anytime, anywhere with the top genealogy app*, Ancestry®.
2. Discover who and where you came from through photos, stories, historical documents, and so much more.
3. • Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors’ lives.
4. • Get on-this-day alerts for events from your family history.
Why you’ll love to discover your family story using the Ancestry app:
• Explore your family history, add new family members, upload photos, and share stories - all with just a few taps
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints®
• Our latest features - The new dynamic Discover feed lets you review, dismiss, and save your discoveries and hints for later
• Our latest features - Our modern layout design, makes it even easier for you to explore
• With a free trial or paid subscription easily access more than 27 billion records, photos, and more
• Preserve your history with your own personalized family tree
• Collaborate with friends and family - it couldn’t be easier
• Build a family tree
• Search the 1940 U.S. Census record and access millions of public records
• Receive hints based on your tree
• Upload family pictures
• Receive messages from Ancestry members
• See your ancestors' life story on a map
Available with an optional free trial or subscription:
• View more than 27 billions of records
• Add records to your tree
• Use hints to learn about ancestors
• Find pictures of your family
• Discover new relatives
• Unrestricted messaging
iPhone and iPad Features:
• Curious about your family tree? Simply look up a relative's name, discover their story, and then share it with your loved ones
• Remember the high school years by finding yearbook photos to share with your close family and friends, all with just one quick tap
• Review your personalized hints
• Add photos, hints, or ancestor stories and watch your personalized family tree grow
• With a free trial or paid subscription access more than 27 billion records, photos and more
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors’ lives.
Apple Watch Features:
• Get on-this-day alerts for events from your family history.
Download the Ancestry Family History app to start exploring your heritage and more, today!
View our Terms and Conditions at: https://www.ancestry.com/cs/legal/termsandconditions
View our Privacy Statement at
CCPA Notice at Collection https://www.ancestry.com/cs/legal/privacystatement#personal-info-categories
*within free apps in the Apple App store Reference category
Yes!!! Messaging Looks Fixed!! Electron App Maybe??
~I cannot see messages from family members. They are being lost in transit but the alerts randomly show up.~ No wonder I cannot reach my cousin in Jamaica Queens, NY or my beautiful cousins here in the US the cognitive dissonance keeps throwing us off and making us use the app less and less as it pertains to messaging which is one of the killer apps and primary features. Rest of the app is great I love my colored graphs and receiving proof that I’m Nubian/Egyptian 🇪🇬. 5-stars once messaging issue is resolved I love you guys in Utah and I know you’ll address it in the coming months. I went to school at Neumont College of Computer Science we are doing good things now. Austin, TX, USA 🇺🇸 + The Texas Triangle our to California. #yayyay (Elon Musk is a 🦸🏾♂️ and I love Disney+. Shoutout BlackPlanet and Solange asf just need these hackers n stalkers to stop tweakin like we ain’t grossly overpaid and intelligent af gettin sex 24/7) - active lifestyles ♾ 1 December, 2019 - Yes!!! Thank you!! I can see an online status indicator light on now that turns green and it has more of an IM/iMessage style format and flavor. Monique please hit me [email protected] out NY. You are our American-Nubian Goddess with both Western and Eastern cultures blended haha. Yes! Shoutout Lil Durk!!! 💌 🌀
Dna section not working properly
Update: working much better! Old: Let me start with the positive: the tree section is lovely, helpful, works well, and I love it. Now, the negative: the DNA section, which updated on the 1 July is not great. It is set up similar to the website, but please consider that apps are used on devices, such as a phone. The DNA section has become a behemoth if information, difficult to manage or view, crashes if you try and look at Cousin matches for a second person... it used to be quite simple and elegant with the 11 generation view, and option but not requirement to open other users’ entire trees. How can I possibly appreciate their full multi- thousand tree of information on my iPhone? I hate to complain, I use the Ancestry app daily. Some people do crosswords or sudoku. I work on the family tree, it’s my favorite puzzle. I just wish I could use the DNA cousins’ section with ease, but it seems to have become way too huge to appreciate as a simple task in bed or during down time, with the phone. It has become a project strictly for sitting at my computer. Is there any chance to make it more convenient for device use? It’s an app, after all. Thanks :)
Unlocking My Past
Ancestry has been a joy to explore. I first started my tree several years ago, but had suspended my membership for lack of time to devote to the project. Earlier this year I decided to explore my genetic history through AncestryDNA, so wanted to continue my tree as well. I’ve been thrilled with the enhancements the site has made in the intervening years. It’s been even easier to connect the family dots through the system of ‘hints’ provided by the app. Each time I feel I’ve begun to hit a wall, a new hint is revealed that keeps me going. I’m also pleased with how the genetic app is enhancing my search. I have barely begun to explore the many connections that submitting my DNA revealed. As just a beginning, I can engage any person who is 4th cousin or closer - and who chooses to keep their connection open as well. What I’m most looking forward to is searching for all those Scandinavian relations that make up a full third of my DNA. I had no idea there was any measurable Norse blood in my past! I really am pleased with Ancestry, and AncestryDNA, and have only scratched the surface of the app’s many features and my past.