1. Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
2. Personalized Diets and Meal Plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter, and healthy recipes, all in one place.
3. The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
4. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal.
** App of the Day for 2019 **
** Editors' Choice 2018 **
Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Reach your health and weight goals through better eating:
- Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
- Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
- Get a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
- Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
- Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
- Find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
- Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
- Easy tracking with barcode scanner and picture recognition
- Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
- Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
- Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetable, and seafood trackers
- Track your weight and waist measurements
- Save your favorites – create and save foods, recipes, meals, and exercises (limited)
- Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
- Widest variety of Diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein, etc.) and Meal Plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss, etc.) to choose from
- Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
- Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes, and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
- Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fiber, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, and cholesterol), so you know you’re hitting the daily recommendations
- Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
- Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fiber,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium,” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
- Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customized recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
- Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) - excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
- Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit and Runkeeper
- Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s next for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (3, 6, and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Beautiful! But could use customized notifications.
This app is gorgeous! I love the articles and the recipes look absolutely scrumptious. The aesthetics alone are what make this the most effective app, and it is super smooth! Even on this old phone, where everything else crashes. Huge thanks to the devs for achieving this. Now, I turned on notifications expecting reminders to update my water or add my meals and exercise, which would be really nice! Sometimes you get busy and don't track anything; it is the LAST thing on your mind. I did, however, get constant reminders to update my weight. As someone who has a Lifesum of 119 (almost completely perfect! 😲), I find that a little unhealthy. No-one should be weighing themselves every day, especially if you already have an unhealthy relationship with your weight, body fat percentage, or food. Even on a practical level, it doesn't make much sense. So I turned off the notifications, but it would be nice to be able to select what kind of notifications we get in the future! Such as for new recipes or articles, and reminders in other areas of body and health maintenance. Or a way to change the frequency: Weighing yourself every X amount of days. If there is already a way to do this, I hope the settings for it become easier to find. ❤️ Thanks for reading!
Delete My Fitness Pal!
I don’t normally review apps but this is one EVERYONE should definitely try. This is the first app that I’ve actually lost weight with.. it actually helps you develop better eating habits. I know that there’s a lot of hype behind My Fitness Pal, but I swear, after trying both, LIFESUM BEATS MY FITNESS PAL HANDS DOWN. Nearly everything since the app has gone through updates is perfect. The user-face is simple and easy to use, without the annoying ads other apps have. You can adjust everything to fit your personal goals, even if they go beyond what the app recommends. They even include a macro calculator that makes things easy to calculate. The grading scale is really helpful to see where you can improve. It takes everything into account, calories, macros, sugar, fiber... it’s pretty comprehensive. Also, I love that I can keep everything private, it’s not necessarily a competition against all of my Facebook friends. The graphs and diagrams make seeing long term trends quick and easy. One thing I would love to see is something that suggests meals or specific items that would meet the goals of the meal. If I have 200 calories left and haven’t met my protein, fat, or carbs goals, what can I add to my meal that fits my goals? Other than that, the developers have done an absolutely stellar job.
Great app that’s sure to get even better
Ive been using Lifesum for a couple months now. Honestly I don’t use it everyday (I don’t track on weekends) but I love it! I love the look of it and the fun and encouraging tone. Love being able to see my macros front and center and seeing how my meal is looking on carbs, fat and protein. Two edits: as a previous review stated, notifications could use some work. Don’t need to weigh myself every single day, and also don’t need notifications for things I’ve already done (like log breakfast, etc.). Also get a note at 6 asking how my dinner was and I don’t eat til about 7:30 bc of my commute (this notification reminds me how much I hate it!! lol). Also, I’m a vegetarian, so I got the app to track my protein intake. So wish there were more usable vegetarian recipes (creamy avocado pasta might be delicious but... where the protein yo?), and that vegetarian was just straight up just one of the diet plans. For the record, I use the Simple Dieting setting and have not lost any weight (maybe it’s that not tracking on weekends thing... 🤔). Anyway, overall I am super happy with Lifesum and love the app 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼