1. • Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2. • Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
3. • After the free trial (if offered) and once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
4. • Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
5. - If you get a question wrong or pass: you have the opportunity to pause the quiz and review the entry details so you memorize it for the next time.
6. • You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
Benkyō will make the hard part easy.
Review whenever it’s convenient, leverage AI to organize your studies, and keep yourself motivated with progress tracking.
And it works offline.
• Browse all Kanji, Vocabulary, & Kana
• Drill with smart, custom and SRS quizzes
• Train using multiple choice, keyboard or even handwriting recognition quiz inputs
• Check your statistics and progress
• Practice drawing, learn stroke order
== Features ==
1) JAPANESE DATABASE
- Search and filter more than 10.000 Kanji and 8.000 Vocabulary entries plus Hiragana and Katakana
- Browse by JLPT, category, frequency, grade, etc...
- Listen to prononciations, check writing stroke order & train drawing
- Organise your content with lists
- Search Kanji (and Kana) by simply writing them in the free drawing mode, magic!
2) LEARNING DRILL
Practice makes perfect, Benkyō provides 3 kind of quizzes
• FLEX SRS
An exclusive AI powered algorithm that brings the right quiz questions at the right time to optimize your memory performances and the retention of what you learn
• SMART QUIZ
A quick and easy way to focus on specific flashcards: those you struggle the most with, or that you should review a bit more
• CUSTOM QUIZ
Maximum flexibility for advanced users, choose entries to be quizzed on (by applying filters, and optionally refine selection manually), choose the kind of flashcards (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) for each entry family, and input mode
- 3 different quiz inputs: multiple choice (4 propositions), keyboard (type the answer, better to recall the information from your memory), and drawing (draw the kanji or kana with your finger or pencil) with automatic recognition (feels like magic, and you can adjust it's sensitivity)
- If you get a question wrong or pass: you have the opportunity to pause the quiz and review the entry details so you memorize it for the next time. Here you go, learned something new!
- Optionally set quiz reminders at times of your choosing
3) PROGRESS TRACKING
Learning Japanese is a long adventure, visualizing your progress is always a motivation boost
- Quiz scores, streaks and average times, by entry type and globally
- Chart for visualizing evolution over time
- Flashcard rankings by score and streak
- Complete quiz history
Benkyō is designed to allow you to drill Japanese on the train, during coffee, or other spare time you have, so that at the end of the day you made progress in Japanese without effort!
And the app is going to be even better with your feedback.
Try it, you will be surprised!
You need a subscription to access all features.
• After the free trial (if offered) and once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
Follow me on:
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/BenkyoApp
Perfect for drilling kanji!!
I very recently started Japanese and came from the Kana app. This app is really really good and I’ve been playing around with the beta a bit to start learning kanji, but I was wondering if there was a way to import what was learned from the kana app so that it can show up in my progress? Other than that, thank you for developing such a great app! This will definitely be an essential part towards me learning Japanese. :)
An App Above All
I have been looking everywhere for apps that would be a good studying tool, in addition to some other apps I am using. This app makes studying fun and addictive. The UI is beautiful, and easy to use. Not to mention that it’s FREE! If you need a studying tool for Japanese, then this is what your looking for. I would also recommend using Imiwa (a comprehensive dictionary) and sensei. (a guide to Japanese grammar) Have a good day!
Great App to keep you up to date in your learn
There are many Apps on ios about learning Japanese, but very few of them are focused on how you, as an individual, learn. With the custom quizzes, customizable SRS (similar to Anki), multiple types of questions (do you learn better being tested with multiple choice? Typing? Writing?) and a massive vocab list, Romain Pellen has something really special here. I highly suggest getting this app if you have tried to learn Japanese but found it difficult to get into a habit of it, or if you are curious about charting your own personal journey. Best of luck to you, curious learner, and many thanks to Romain for all the hard work in getting this app together. May the future be bright!