Navigate, track, and explore with Gaia GPS. Millions of people worldwide have used Gaia GPS to hike, hunt, camp, ski, and explore the backroads.
Gaia GPS has been featured in countless publications, including Outside, Backpacker, Trail Runner, the New York Times, and numerous App Store features.
Gaia GPS started as a backpacking app. Download topo and satellite maps for offline use. Use intelligent routing tools to plan trips, and measure distance, altitude, and elevation change. View your route using comprehensive backpacking maps, including up-to-date weather forecasts.
►► Day Hiking
Both a hiking navigation app and a platform for finding hikes, Gaia GPS helps you discover your next adventure. Use the Discover tab to find hikes and nearby trails, and download maps and hike info to your phone for offline use.
Driven by hunters on the team, Gaia GPS has become a top hunting app. Build custom hunting maps that include public land designations, private land ownership, and state-by-state hunting units.
►► Camping and Overlanding
Gaia GPS helps you find a campsite on the road, or deep in the backcountry. As a camping app, Gaia GPS delivers public land data to help you stay legal, maps with campsites, parks, and forests, as well as weather overlays. Mark waypoints to create custom camping maps, plus reference road maps and Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) to plot overland, 4x4, and off-roading routes.
►► Backcountry Skiing and Mountaineering
Apply slope-angle shading and 24-, 48-,and 72-hour Snowfall and Precipitation Forecast overlays to create custom backcountry skiing maps, plan tours, and avoid avalanche terrain. As a backcountry skiing app, Gaia GPS helps you find powder and stay safe on the slopes.
►► Mountain Biking
Go farther, faster by mounting Gaia GPS to your handlebars for hands-free navigation. Access mountain biking trail maps on both public and private land. Gaia GPS is a great mtb app for deep exploration.
►► Professional Use: Firefighters, Search and Rescue teams, Land Manager, GIS Techs, and Guides
Gaia GPS is the preferred nav app for outdoor professionals. Quickly route to GPS coordinates, plot fire perimeters, view recent wildfires, and share maps, tracks, and waypoints with your team. Guides can mark routes, campsites, and water sources, and share hard-to-find approaches and descents with clients and fellow guides.
►► Membership Levels
Free Level - You'll be limited to the default map source, and you won't be able to download maps for offline use.
Member Level - As a Member, you can download a worldwide catalog of topo, road, and satellite maps.
Premium Member Level - As a Premium Member, you also get access to these map sources:
• NatGeo Trails Illustrated (including Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, and John Muir Trail maps)
• ESRI World Satellite Imagery
• NOAA weather forecasts
• Current and Historical Wildfires
• US Private Land Ownership (including owner names and addresses for parcels)
• US Hunting Layers (including GMUs, public land, and recent fires)
• US Public Land (BLM, Forests, more)
• US Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs)
• Hill-shading, contour-line, slope-angle, and other overlays
• Backroads Mapbooks Canada
• France IGN
• Swiss Topo
► To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Your iTunes Account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.