1. American Well is an independent company that supports Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in the administration of telemedicine services.
2. Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is making it easier for you to stay in control of your health.
3. Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
4. Horizon CareOnline is a service mark of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is making it easier for you to stay in control of your health. With Horizon CareOnlineSM, you can video chat with a licensed doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week - no appointment needed!
Horizon BCBSNJ works with American Well, a leader in telemedicine, to bring you care that is:
• Dependable: 24/7/365 access
• Flexible: Doctors who can meet your needs
• Convenient: No appointment needed, and ePrescriptions can be provided if you need one1
• Confidential: Private and secure; compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
With Horizon CareOnline, you can be treated for symptoms and conditions such as:
• Abdominal pain
• Ear infections
• And more
Clinical services for Horizon CareOnline are provided by doctors who:
• Are U.S. board certified, licensed and credentialed
• Average 15 years’ experience in primary and urgent care
• Are rated by other patients
You can search each doctor’s profile and select the doctor that best meets your needs. Once you are enrolled, you can visit with a Horizon CareOnline doctor when:
• Your doctor’s office is closed
• You feel too sick to drive
• You are traveling and need medical care
This service is offered as a convenience and does not replace your relationship with your Primary Care Physician or personal doctor.
Telemedicine is available in most states, except for a few that either don’t allow it or don’t allow doctors to write ePrescriptions. To learn what applies in each state, visit: http://info.americanwell.com/where-can-I-see-a-doctor-online.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the provider during your virtual video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information, and respiratory rate.”
Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Horizon CareOnline is a service mark of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. American Well is an independent company that supports Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in the administration of telemedicine services.
Worked really well!
This app was perfect when I didn’t have time to get to an urgent care or my primary doctor for a minor issue. Setup was quick and easy and I waited about 5 minutes to speak to a doctor, who was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. He prescribed eye drops right over the app and solved the issue in less time than it would’ve taken me to drive to the doctor’s office. Highly recommended, will use again.
Love the convenience
I work 50 to 60 hrs a week (restaurant business) with a LONG commute and I don’t always have the time to go to my primary physician’s office. I typically use this app and it’s a Godsend! Saves me time from the travel to a clinic/my physician, to the pharmacy and then back to work/home; that can take ~2 hours and when you’re sick, that’s the last thing you want to do. Thanks, OneCare, for being there and providing a service to many!!
I just finished my first experience using the Careonline app. This was a great way to address a medical concern I’ve been having. Not a emergency but a issue that I contemplated seeing my primary for. But I discovered this feature as a part of my insurance coverage with out a co pay and decided to take advantage of it. After a reasonable wait in the “waiting room” the doctor was very pleasant, informative & useful to help me navigate what I’m dealing with. I’m appreciative for this.