1. • Enjoy optimization anywhere with ReSound Assist: Request help with your hearing aid settings from your hearing care professional and receive new settings and software updates.
2. Last, but not least, you can have your hearing care professional update your hearing aid programs and send you new hearing aid software without taking a trip to the clinic.
• ReSound ONE™
• ReSound LiNX Quattro™
• ReSound LiNX 3D™
• ReSound ENZO 3D™
• ReSound ENZO Q™
The ReSound Smart 3D app lets you control your hearing aids directly from your mobile device. You can change programs, and make simple or more advanced sound adjustments and save them as favorites. The app helps you learn what you can do and how to do it. It can even help you find your hearing aids if you lose them. Last, but not least, you can have your hearing care professional update your hearing aid programs and send you new hearing aid software without taking a trip to the clinic.
Notes: Please contact your local ReSound representative for product and feature availability in your market. We recommend that the hearing aids run the latest software version. If in doubt, please contact your hearing care professional.
ReSound Smart 3D mobile device compatibility:
Please consult the ReSound app website for up-to-date compatibility information: www.resound.com/compatibility
Use the ReSound Smart 3D app to:
• Enjoy optimization anywhere with ReSound Assist: Request help with your hearing aid settings from your hearing care professional and receive new settings and software updates.
And use these direct control and personalization options:
• Adjust volume settings on your hearing aids
• Mute your hearing aids
• Adjust volume of your optionally acquired ReSound streaming accessories
• Adjust speech focus as well as noise and wind-noise levels with Sound Enhancer (feature availability depends on your hearing aid model and the fitting by your hearing care professional)
• Change manual and streamer programs
• Edit and personalize program names
• Adjust treble, middle and bass tones to your preferences
• Save your preferred settings as a Favorite – you can even tag to a location
• Monitor the battery status of your rechargeable hearing aids
• Help locate lost or misplaced hearing aids
• Tinnitus manager: Adjust sound variation and frequency of the Tinnitus Sound Generator. Select Nature Sounds (feature availability depends on your hearing aid model and the fitting by your hearing care professional)
For more information please visit www.resound.com/smart3Dapp or the support site via the link in the app store.
Phone pairing makes a big difference
My app works great unless I don’t let the phone have enough time to pair to the hearing aids. If I pair the hearing aids to my phone too quickly, then the pairing isn’t strong enough for the phone to stream reliably or connect/work correctly with this app. I looked in the User Guide to my hearing aids though and when I followed the instruction for pairing (two minute pair) to the phone, I never have problems. It turns out that the pairing isn’t complete when I just see the hearing aids start to show up on the screen, that’s just the start of the pairing process, so Mfi/hearing aid pairing is not like regular Bluetooth connections on my phone. This app is so fantastic because it allows me to control my hearing aids more discretely than touching the hearing aids themselves. I love the ability to create “favorite” programs on my own, and have them geotagged so my hearing aids automatically switch to my favorite program. Thanks to this app, I also found my hearing aids once when I thought I completely lost them. My audiologist can even adjust hearing aids remotely when I can’t get in to see him! Overall this app has been such a great tool for me when I do the hearing aid pairing correctly to the the phone, otherwise I can have weird issues and connection problems with it.
A possible solution to the red exclamation mark!
For those that recently updated the Resound Smart 3D app and has been plagued with the persistent red exclamation mark, I got it to go away on my iPhone 6S by tapping on the lower right ‘More’ selection and then turn on ‘Demo mode’. Now select the ‘My Resound’ and you will see what the exclamation marks are trying to tell you. I suspect everyone is going to have slightly different reasons, just tap on each one to open a dialogue screen with a brief description and decide for yourself if you want it to perform the action. After you are done browsing the reasons to make the red exclamations disappear, go back to ‘More’ and turn off ‘Demo mode’ to re-enable controlling your hearing aids. Note, one of the items might be to update your hearing aids themselves, do this at your own risk! Don’t blame me if things don’t work like they use to, or differently, or what ever. I’m just the messenger!
Definitely the best of the bunch
Compared to a couple other brands, this app provides the best functionality on my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Thank you. I appreciated the demo mode before I had a trial LinX 3D pair of hearing aids, and am now using this app with my new purchased Quattro’s on all three Apple Devices. Problems Upon occasion when I change program via my Apple Watch 4, it appears on the watch like the new program is operational (with no error message or failure indication), but the iPhone app and Quattros have not changed. This problem may happen more when the iPhone has lost or poor Bluetooth connection to the Quattros, e.g. when the iPhone is in an adjacent room but Watch remains on my wrist. Suggestions Create complications for new Apple Watch 4 Infograph and Infograph Modular faces (present complication won’t work on these). Make Apple Watch force touch on the running program be a single press to toggle mute on or off, vs now needing a force touch then light touch to accomplish the same. Similarly, add force touch to the running program on the iPhone app to toggle mute/unmute. This would be even easier than touching the small mute icon, and be consistent with the Apple Watch UI. Allow sound enhancer settings for phone call and streaming to be retained and managed independently of the program in use, or describe the present design choice better in your documentation so these capabilities can be better understood and utilized.