1. Medical Dictionary - Healthcare Definitions and Terminology is a free, iOS medical dictionary app that gives you instant access to more than 180,000 medical terms, over 50,000 audio pronunciations, and 12,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, Gale, Elsevier, and more.
2. Whether you’re a practicing physician, nurse, med student or just plain curious, this free medical dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of medical terminology right on your iPhone or iPad.
3. User-friendly, Comprehensive, and Authoritative: Medical Dictionary - Healthcare Definitions and Terminology is the perfect free medical app for doctors, nurses, medical education students, and health care consumers.
Whether you’re a practicing physician, nurse, med student or just plain curious, this free medical dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of medical terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search from across multiple disciplines - Our medical dictionary app compiles more than a dozen medical dictionary and encyclopedia sources, and includes entries on:
Tests and procedures
Medical research topics
+ much more…
* Search 180,000+ medical terms and definitions.
* Access over 40,000 entries available anytime offline.
* Browse 1,000s of medical abbreviations and acronyms.
* Study more than 4,000 over-the-counter and prescription drugs in our medication guide.
* Add unlimited bookmarks.
* View your recent searches.
* See search suggestions as you type.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to 50,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in 'online mode.'
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text (with supported devices).
User-friendly, Comprehensive, and Authoritative: Medical Dictionary - Healthcare Definitions and Terminology is the perfect free medical app for doctors, nurses, medical education students, and health care consumers. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
Medical info & terms that save lives & improve health
I live in a rural area, where some of my best friends probably tolerate me, simply because of my ability & willingness to read, look up & explain things. Our primary care clinics are ran by nurses, with few speciality physicians available, one day/mth, by referal. Things quickly done in cities are very long trips & big ordeals from Gods county. This app has been a lifesaver, providing info that’s enabled a better understanding of possible health issues, diagnosis & the ability to then discuss & ask questions at the next medical visit. To have some ability to make informed decisions about healthcare. Above all, it’s provided, understandable info that multiple friends have desperately needed & used, after test & treatments were ordered, that gave them reason to choose to give up, cancel appointments & avoid useless efforts, & pass in peace at home. This lil app provided info that has saved lives of those I love, thru understanding terms which in turn provided hope, treatment & cure. There are things that can still be tweaked, & continually improved, that is always part of any successful endeavor, but it’s a lifesaving lil app already.
Helps me tremendously!
In the last 1 1/2 years I have used this application several times a week. My health took a bad turn and I have read so many of my medical records that have many words that I just don't know the meaning of. I'm sure my doctors or their nurses would find me to be both annoying and time consuming if I were to call every time I wanted to know what some medical word meant. This dictionary has been a tremendous asset to helping me understand exactly what my test results and various conditions mean to my health. I honestly don't know how I could ever keep up with knowing what's going on with my health if I had to either call or email my doctor then wait for a response or go to a library to look up all the words. That's if the library even has a medical dictionary. I'd give this app 10 stars if I could.
I had colon cancer surgery in March!
This is very great app ! I read about my colon and very easy to understand! I had surgery in Japan ( husband Japanese)and my doctor explained in English and Japanese but this app went into very easily understand details !! It’s great for me to review the detail information! As languages barrier for my complete understanding of what was happening in my colon! Still seeing my doctor but this helped me to understand more!surgery seems to be successful as of now !!really appreciate the well informed material in this app!!must for ones who want to know more on their illness!!Thankyou so much!!